We have re-located!
The Apprenticeship and Trade Certification division has relocated to 1170 Topsail Road.
Our address is:
The Apprenticeship and Trade Certification Division
P.O. Box 8700
1170 Topsail Road
Mount Pearl, NL
Toll Free: 1-877-771-3737
News and Events
Atlantic Trades Business Seal
Program: This program is an Atlantic strategy for journeypersons to
develop and strengthen their business and leadership skills and to gain
regional career mobility. The Atlantic Trades Business Seal Program is
comprised of five stand-alone modules. Each develops a specific set of
skills that is critical to trades businesses.
For Journeypersons, some of the goals of the program are to
help keep our certified tradespeople here in Atlantic Canada and to assist
journeypersons to start and operate their own business or move into
leadership roles in their organizations.
For Business Owners, the program can help you develop the
skills you need to take your business to the next level. It can even
strengthen your business’ succession plan by preparing your employees to
take over managerial roles in your business. By strengthening the business
management skills of Atlantic Canadians, the Atlantic Trades Business Seal
Program is helping to sustain and grow Atlantic Canada’s economy.
For more information on this new initiative, please visit
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) Procedures. Updates to the divisions’ RPL policy and procedures came into effect on January 1, 2013. The goals of the updates are to:
For more information and to obtain an applicant’s guide and the forms you will need when participating in RPL, please visit
Recognition of Prior Learning.
- Promote a better understanding of RPL and provide clear pathways to assessment and recognition.
- Promote consistency in assessment and recognition practices.
- Encourage the use of RPL as a tool to increase apprenticeship completion rates.
- Journeyperson Mentorship Program: The program is targeted to industry or employers. This program will provide financial contributions to
eligible employers to provide a journeyperson mentor to support apprentices on the job. The program will provide support to employers to hire
Journeypersons to mentor apprentices by offsetting the hiring/salary of Journeyperson mentors and provide opportunities for apprentices to gain the work
experience and hours they need to progress through their apprenticeship program. For additional information please visit
For the location and contact information for all staff of the Apprenticeship and Trades Certification Division, please check the Personnel Listing.
Adobe® Acrobat® Reader software can be used for viewing PDF documents. Download Acrobat® Reader for free .