Advancing Non-profit and Voluntary Investments in Learning (ANVIL)
Who Does it Serve?
- Students of co-operative programs at Memorial University of Newfoundland.
- Incorporated voluntary or non-profits, registered charities, municipalities, and/or industry associations.
- To expose co-operative education students to the number and nature of jobs in the voluntary, non-profit, community-based sector as viable and attractive career options.
- To heighten the profile of the important services provided by the voluntary, non-profit, community-based sector as viable and attractive career options and the important contributions they make to the citizens of Newfoundland and Labrador.
- To provide a work-term placement related to their field of study; placement will be within Newfoundland and Labrador.
Incorporated Voluntary or Non-Profits, Registered Charities, Municipalities, and Industry Associations:
- To build and strengthen the capacity of voluntary, non-profit, community-based organizations in Newfoundland and Labrador.
- To develop co-operative education work term opportunities in the voluntary, non-profit, community-based sector to increase local work terms, enhance knowledge of this growing part of our economy, and make co-op student expertise available to organizations that would benefit.
- To expose voluntary, non-profit, community-based organizations throughout Newfoundland and Labrador to the value and benefits of co-operative education, thereby creating a long-term demand for co-operative education students and graduates.
- To enhance knowledge transfer, research and planning within and about the voluntary, non-profit, community-based sector.
- 67% wage subsidy towards the student's salary up to a maximum of Newfoundland and Labrador minimum wage.
How to Access?